Monday, January 31, 2011

weekend play by play.

If sitting on the forth floor of the campus library during class breaks on a Monday morning doesn't snap you back into reality then I just don't know what will..
This weekend the rooms and I had a lovely getaway from school and headed to Nashville and stayed with her family.  Their loft in downtown Nashville looks like this:

I was completely in LOVE with the giant windows, the hardwood floors, and the open layout of the unit.  But the neatest feature of all was the exposed brick.  I felt like I was living an HGTV dream. 

So, now that I have adequately expressed my likings on the place where we stayed here's how the trip went down:
Friday night we had dinner  dinner(S), both of which were delicious.  It seems I am currently suffering from chronic hunger.  I'm seriously baffeled at how I can manage to be hungry ALL. THE. TIME.  After the second meal (in my defense, both meals were fish- not very filling, right?! right.) we went to The Stage, a seemingly popular bar in downtown Nashvegas. 
The Stage was crowded, country, and the people were a hot mess.  Not really bringing any bar-going attire, I wore a very conservative Landsend turtle neck, a button up jacket, and a scarf.  Cute, but not necessarily the come hither look that much of my competition was sporting.  You live you learn right?  Regardless of the endless rejection (except for one 50 year old man-grody), we still had fun discovering our new favorite venue of people watching.  Note to all my single ladies out thur- leave the turtlenecks at home.  They get you no where, trust me.

Saturday we went shopping in Green Hills and in Franklin.  I turned down buying a scarf I loved for $250, and a pair of to-die-for boots that were $1,280 (not even justifiable when you break that down to price per foot).  Franklin, Tennessee is precious as you can see here:



 
Filled with cute boutiques, friendly people, and in our case gorgeous weather-Franklin was a perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon.  That night we went to see Shrek the musical.  I was so sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open but the production was phemonenal.  I am still amazed at the talent of the cast.

Before heading back to Tuscaloosa sunday afternoon we got brunch at the best little cafe, Margot cafe.  If you are ever in Nashville this is THE place to go for Sunday brunch.

The place had a great atmosphere and I can still taste my mozarella and broccoli omlette with crispy potatoes, mmm it so so good!

Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Cheers to a new week!

2 comments:

Meg said...

look at that beautiful title up there =)

Lynnlee said...

i LOVE this post, and these pictures. such a fun weekend

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio