Friday, January 28, 2011

It's the WEEKEND!

It is finally the weekend bloggers! What are you doing to celebrate?  The Nashvegas road trip begins in t minus 4 hours. Let the FUN begin.

In other good news, I e-mailed the company I got the new template from and they ever so kindly offered to fix the header problem themselves.  Hooray.

Last night, I made a REAL dinner.  Most of my dinners consist of an english muffin, shredded cheese, and turkey.  I know you are wondering with meals like every night that how I am not a size two. Don't worry I've asked myself the same question for the past 21 years.  Damn metabolism.  I think mine slowed down when I reached the ripe old age of 3.  Anyway instead my usual "barely sandwich" I eat for dinner, I baked chicken and broccoli. Check it out:
There are many reasons I do not usually cook meals such as this, the two main being: ingredients are so freaking expensive.  Five dollars for a jar of minced garlic, like how often do I use minced garlic (uhh, never).  My fingers are crossed that the expiration date on that sucker is 2101.  And the second reason I do not whip up Paula Deen dishes on the daily is: dirty dishes are still piled up in the sink. See that's the thing about cooking, the work isn't over when the meal is on the table.  No no, you slaved over the stove then you must slave over the sink.  And, that's the WORST.  Regardless of the burden of playing chef, it was still as tasty meal and definitely something different I enjoyed, perhaps I will make eating "real" food a weekly thing.

I also watched Garden State for the first time last night recommended by Meg.  If any of you haven't seen it, I suggest renting.  Great characters, music, and lines. What more could you ask for? I mean really.

Well, I am going to attempt productivity in my last hour before my next class!
Happy weekend!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

totally agree with the real food part, as we have discussed before. not worth it, just not.

Staley Mc said...

I LOVE Garden State, it is so good, I haven't seen it in a few years I need to add that to my netflix queue. The soundtrack is so good too!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio