Wednesday, January 12, 2011

first day of school. whoo. hoo.

Well the Spring '11 semester has officially begun.  I feel like Christmas break lasted forever, but when I was making the trek to class this morning it seemed like no time had passed at all. Weird.  Even weirder, on my walk to class (in 24 degree weather, mind you) I saw multiple girls wearing leggings as pants.  AS PANTS.  I'm not dissing the look, but this trend in Winter weather bewilders me.  I will not sacrifice comfort for fashion (if you want to call it that) in 24 degree weather.  The line has to be drawn somewhere.
I have 3 classes on Wednesday. One at 9, 12, and a 2.5 hour long seminar from 5-7:30 at night.  My first class of the day was successful.  I made it to the right room and everything.  I say that as some high feat, because for my second class of the day I went in the wrong class.  I sat down in a classroom of maybe 25 people, was passed the syllabus and read HD 322- Creativity yadda yadda and immediately thought hmm this doesn't seem right. Sure enough I needed to be in the classroom two doors down.  I don't really have a valid excuse for this seeing how as a 21 year old I should be able to read room numbers with 100% accuracy.  Oh well.  The equally disturbing part of this story is my actual class, HD 202, is a nightmare.  The professor actually cracked a joke on giving a criminal background check as a stocking stuffer.  No one could even muster up a pity laugh. Bless her.

I am so tired.  It is going to take me a while to adjust to this getting up at 7:15 thing.

..and because every post needs a picture. This is what I wish I was doing today.  I would much rather be kayaking in sunny Hilton Head than bundling up for my seminar tonight!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

Sh said...

For the record, I am against wearing leggings as pants ANYTIME. Maybe it's just my own insecurities, but I think of them more as tights, therefore requiring a shirt/sweater that covers one's... um... rear.
As far as what you saw today- perhaps replacing the tempo shorts with Uggs? If so, it might actually be a step up...

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio