Thursday, February 3, 2011

pizza and a movie.

Today is the one month marker of my New Year's resolutions (I started 3 days late)!  And since these were the two resolutions I came up with for 2011:
I am going to tell you about this (healthy) pizza I made Tuesday night.
Ingredients are simple:
Whole wheat pita!
Fresh tomatoes!
Ingredients not pictured: A little olive oil, and mozzarella cheese.  Brush a light coat of olive oil on the pita, and put it in the oven for 5 minutes, take it out and put thinly sliced fresh 'maters on there. Sprinkle cheese on (or in my case dump 2 servings on). Slide that sucker into the oven again until cheese is melted and drum roll please......
Mine was a tad runny due to an excessive coating of olive oil on the pita (oops) and not draining the tomatoes (oops, again) but regardless it was still something different than my usual english muffin and turkey.

After I devoured (and I mean DEVOURED) this personal pita pizza, I went over to my friends apartment for our usual Tuesday night fun.  Yes, we have a designated night of the week for fun.  This week we watched The Social Network. This is not my typical type of movie aka this movie did not have a plot about romance, and a happily-ever-after ending. But, I LOVED it.  And can you blame me?
Mark's sarcasm and one liners were hilarious and I was fascinated with how the most popular social networking website came to be.  If you haven't seen it, you should definitely rent!

I welcome, welcome, WELCOME any simple, healthy recipes you've been making in your kitchen (my creativity is running thin), and any movie rental suggestions.  With weather being this brutally cold, I am tempted to retreat into the lifestyle of a recluse.  All I want to do is wrap up in fleece blankets, hold down my couch and watch movies.  

Stay warm out there bloggers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio