Monday, February 14, 2011

definitely a first, probably a last.

This is the first time I have ever posted about fashion.  This is mainly because I don't know really know what my style is or what the style trends are.  I always feel bipolar when I go into shoe departments because I am attracted to both the Merrels and the ridiculously high heels.  I love earthy, yet I love preppy.  And I love to look at all the fashion blogs out there, but by no means do I claim to be a fashionista.  I have a very fond appreciation of J. Crew, Ann Taylor Loft, and Anthropologie but I live in my super fashionable Jones New York black elastic pants.  At least no one can say I am trying to hard, right?

But lately I have become fed up with my winter wardrobe.  I hate the way sweaters look on me, I'm convinced like cameras, they add an extra 10 pounds.  So this weekend my goal has been to rummage through my closet and see what I can pair together to add some new flair to old outfits.

Friday night I paired a light blue ruffled blouse with a tan stripped cardigan and belted it.  I am learning belts are like the mascara of outfits, they are the perfect finishing touch to pull the look together.

And this is what Saturday night looked like:
I paired my silky button up blouse with my favorite Navajo Indian sweater (that's what it most closely resembles to me) and wore some high waisted cords with a belt.  I have had the blouse since Freshman year of college and the sweater since high school, but it was the first time I had worn either in a while.  It felt good to "dress up" and feel like I was wearing a new outfit without a new outfit price tag.

Saturday night I tried a new delicious Mexican restaurant, and then went to the Miss UA pageant.  I am not a real "pageanty" person, but I applaud those ladies for getting up on stage and performing with poise (even though one talent was fake playing the violin).  I sure as heck couldn't do it, and for the love of everyone would not do it in a bathing suit.

Happy Monday/ Valentine's Day!
Spead tha love.

3 comments:

Staley Mc said...

Belts are so like the mascara! I like that simile! Belts are definitely my favorite accessory! I love the indian sweater too!

Anonymous said...

I love Ann Taylor Loft! And Anthropologie always has gorgeous stuff - I love browsing there!

Julie Blake said...

too cute!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio