Friday, February 11, 2011

it's weekend time!

I am happy to announce that my first two tests of spring semester are in the books.  This week has been full of stress and an ungodly amount of caffeine.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to a couple of days of quality R&R.  Do you have big weekend plans?

I don't have any huge plans except for the gymnastics meet tonight, possibly the basketball game tomorrow afternoon, and the Miss UA pageant tomorrow night.  Other than that you can find me on the couch catching up on this weeks DVR'd television.

Yesterday was a first for me.  It was my first time to walk to class in the snow.  Any other time we have been blessed with a blanket of snow classes have been cancelled.  I don't know why classes were only delayed until 10 am this time.  Weak move by the University if you ask me.  Here are some pictures I snapped on my phone as I walked to class:
Doster, home of two of my classes this semester.
View from Gorgas library- floor 4M.
Ramp up to Bryant Denny.
A personal favorite, the sitting snowman.

And here are a few shots from the 2010 snow day, in which classes were cancelled and more fun was had! 


Me and rooms in front of a snowy Denny Chimes!


Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Stay warm!

4 comments:

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

Beautiful campus!

Lauren said...

New to your blog and it's so cute!

I live in SC and pretty much my whole city shuts down whenever it snows! About a month ago, my college was closed for 3 days straight due to snow and ice, it was so exciting!

Don't be a stranger! :) -Lauren

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hello Liz,

A fine looking blog and photos.

Russ:)

Unknown said...

cute pics :) i like your blog! its sooo cute! have fun in all the snow!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio