Thursday, February 17, 2011

a little "happy"

Oh my, this week has taken it's toll on me.  This week has been and next week will be killler.  But I'll save the ranting over that for later.  Now I want to share something that put a smile on my face today.  I got a late Valentine's "happy" today.  Don't get too excited it wasn't from a cute boy, but rather from my Aunt Sherry.  In my Valentine's box I found candy, lip gloss (poppin' lip gloss that is), and the Pioneer Woman's book.

And inside the cover of the book I found this note:

Put bluntly, Valentine's day for the single girl sucks.  I am not going to be dramatic about it but I mean let's face it, not having anyone to buy you pretty flowers, dinky candy, and tacky teddy bears is kind of a downer.  You feel like every girl around you is parading around town with her prince charming while you are stuck at home hanging on every word of Monday night's episode of The Bachelor (true story).  This feeling is similar to the one you felt in elementary school when you got picked last at recess, except recess in this scenario is life, people.  Pity party complete..single on Valentine's= no bueno.

However, this little note from my Aunt gave me hope.  It put my bitter Valentines' days into the bigger picture, and made me realize that while I may have spent the holiday alone, finding the man to share my "forever kind of love story" with will be worth the wait.  I also can't wait to read the book...this summer.

Happy almost FRIDAY!!

4 comments:

Staley Mc said...

You know my feelings on V-day. ick. I bought Pioneer Woman's book and of course I won't be able to read it until summer. Stupid school.

Julie Blake said...

I love that! Her message is so sweet!

Unknown said...

You were not alone in sitting at home watching the Bachelor. There were thousands of women (including myself) doing the exact same thing, I assure you!

Aside: Was anyone else disappointed by the lack of freakout by Michelle?

Liesl said...

What a lovely little note from you aunt...it is always so nice to get something hand written from time to time! :) I hope things have been a bit brighter for you!

Liesl :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio