Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ABC.

Surprisingly this post is going to have nothing to do with Micheal Jackson, although ABC is my favorite Jackson 5 song.  This post relates to a store we visited while in the big apple, ABC Carpet & Home.  We stumbled upon this gem while we were in route to the Kate Spade store (for KS lovin' read previous post) and with window displays like this how could we not stop in? 

Phone quality and reflection really reduces the "coolness" that was this window display!

I snapped this against my mother's will inside the store, I couldn't help it.  I loved all the chandeliers.
As mentioned earlier, we just happened upon this store but after doing some research it has been a NYC icon since 1897.  So looky there, we did in fact take in some history on that trip!  This store was filled with unique artwork, dishes, furniture, clothing, jewelry, trinkets, and the neatest lighting.
Warning:  Prices will leave you in shock. There is no doubt that this is decorating for the Upper East Side.  These prices put Pottery Barn to shame. The majority of our conversations in the store went "Omg, look how cute/ neat/ awesome this is!" flip item over then "Omg. Who could pay that kind of money for this?" Still, it is fun to look at for inspiration!  I wish I had taken more photos while I was in the store because the displays were amazing.  Maybe next time, ha!


Happy Hump Day, y'all!

2 comments:

Julie Blake said...

Looks like such a cute store! What part of the city is it located in?

Meg said...

I read in an article that is where t.swift got all of her stuff for her nashville apt =) I've never been but i frequent their website... I'm such a dreamer!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio