Monday, February 7, 2011

monday's musings.

How was every one's weekend?  Mine was very relaxing and consisted of hanging out with my parents, eating lunch with Rach Saturday (yay, it had been forever since we had seen each other), studying for my 3 tests this week, and running errands/ shopping with my mother yesterday afternoon!

Annndd we are back to another Monday of Spring Semester.  I wish I could tell you I had a positive attitude getting out of bed this morning, but that was just not the case.  After hitting the snooze button 4 times, I peeped through by blinds, saw the sky full of clouds and wanted to pull the sheets over my head and stay in bed ALL DAY.  This dreary weather is really getting to me.

I'm not the only one the weather is bringing down though.  In fact I was telling the foreign cashier at Ann Taylor Loft yesterday my strategy of buying Spring clothes in hopes to raise the temperatures outside.  Thinking logically, if I buy clothes appropriate for a sunny 72 degree day that's what mother nature will deliver.  Right? Wrong.  The cashier was understanding and said "It (the weather) just bring you down you know?  You look outside, see clouds and say no no no."  She said it best. NO. NO. NO.  She, at least is fortunate enough to have a beautifully dark complexion that gives the appearance of weeks spent in the sunshine at the beach.

Alright, complaining stops now.  Because I do not want to be a complete Negative Nancy, I am going to tell you 2 things I am currently appreciative for:
1. My late Christmas present.  My Aunt Deb ordered me bracelets off of Etsy for Christmas but they didn't make it in time to go under the tree.  Fine by me!  Nothing like a little unexpected happy to boost your mood!

2.  My Human Development labs.  I am required to observe preschool rooms twice a week for my Human Dev. classes.  Observing in the lab is supposed to help us apply the knowledge we are learning in the classroom to "real life".  I LOVE IT.  The children are precious, and say the most hilarious things.  Watching how they interact with each other, how lively they are, how brightly colored their environment is, how everything is new to them really makes you long for the days when you looked at everything with excitement.  Perhaps I am learning more than just the concept of "scaffolding"..

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

Cute bracelets! I can't wait to break out the sundresses and wedges. Fingers crossed for an early spring.

Abi said...

Love the bracelet! It looks just like you & something you would wear :) & as much of a fan of the winter, I am, I am SO ready for spring.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio