Tuesday, October 26, 2010

life in list form.

1. Had a weekend filled with fall festivities.  Beginning on Friday night we had a fall feast potluck dinner celebrating mine and Amanda's birthdays.  Saturday morning we went to Critter Creek Farm for their pumpkin patch.  It was something different to do and it was fun, but I was very frustrated with the treatment of the "critters" at this farm. What moron thinks it is appropriate to keep an ARCTIC fox in a tiny cage in ALABAMA's climate?  You so dumb. Fo' real.  I was also a little peeved that I paid 10 dollars for a warty pumpkin.  And it wasn't just me who got a pumpkin that looked like it was cursed with disease, no ALL of the pumpkins had terrible warts on them.  Regardless, it was a good trip.
2.  I love my Human Development class. The past couple of lectures have been about relationships, marriage, children, divorce, etc.  It fascinates me.  People fascinate me.

3. Dear Mother Nature,
You have gotten a lot of digs today (especially with all the angry Gleeks out to get ya) and I hate to kick you when you're down but I would be so appreciative of some cooler temps.  Breaking a sweat on your way to class on Oct. 25 just isn't cuttin it!
Signed,
A huge fan

4. I have three semesters left at Bama.  Only three.  Isn't that crazy?  Lately I have been feeling the pressure to make plans about where I want to go after undergrad.  I know I have to go to grad school (whoo-freaking-hoo) but I just don't know where.  Part of me wants to go somewhere new, fun, and different and part of me wants to retreat back to Birmingham because I know I love it there.  Wherever I end up, I want to escape the college town bubble.  I have enjoyed/ am enjoying my time here but once the 4 year sentence is up, it is dunzo.

5.  Fall break is this week.  Which translates into we have Friday off (some fall break, right?!) but I am excited because Jamie M, Rach, and I are going on the 2nd annual St. Mark college kid camping trip. 

These are some photos from last years trip.  We look straight off the runway, nothing brings out your natural beauty quite like sleeping outdoors.

thats all for now. have a fantastic week!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I, for one, love warty pumpkins. Maybe I'm weird. and yay for camping!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio