Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a whole lot of nothing.

Here are some random thoughts that I have just deemed blog worthy, which really means..I have nothing major going on in my life but I still want to post.

1. Lately I have been laughing at inappropriate times. I used to be able to suppress my laughter over someones clumsy tumble down the stairs, a stupid question asked in class, etc. but no longer. It's like my giggle box is turned on no matter what the circumstance. Ex: While studying in the library with a friend last week, we saw a guy drop all of his belongings...loudly. She said bless his heart and I was trying not to disrupt the quiet floor with my cackling.

2. I like chicken salad now. Like many things, I had never tried it before this year and now I am in love! My favorites so far are O'Carrs and Zoes. They always say you experiment with new things in college, and I am so glad I have. I was missing out on salsa, chicken fried rice, chicken salad, sushi, and chicken quesadillas. I'm the only freshman that gained the freshman 15 sans alcohol, and you can see why..I fell in love with all sorts of foods I had been missing out on for the past 20 years.

3. I turn 21 in a little over a month and I started writing out a birthday list today. So far I have a pair of Toms, a new sportswatch- my current one's light is broken, ipod speakers for my bathroom, a duster- the one I bought at the dollar tree is not up to par, the book Eat, Pray, Love, and a cute purse I saw on a blog today.



4. School sucks.

5. I spent this past weekend on the plains. I went to visit Rach, Jamie, and Jamie which is always fun! Friday night Rachel had a pool party in which she prepared a food spread that would put Paula Deen to shame. Rach- if you are reading this I am still craving that dip, and want the recipe! Saturday we went to the game and I felt like everyone could tell I wasn't a student there. It was a weird feeling, anyway it was an intense game and definitely fun to watch. Sunday morning I came home to visit some with my parents before making the trek back to Tuscaloosa.



6. Icebreakers. And no, I don't mean the mints. Last week I was at the first meeting of a club I joined on campus and of course the first thing we do is play icebreaker name games. "Everyone stand and say your name and an interesting fact about yourself". What the heck? I get nervous enough saying my name, major, and where I'm from and now I have to get interesting with these strangers? No thanks! Regardless, it was fun and I am glad I have finally gotten involved in an organization that does something!

7. It's September but the high today was what, 97 degrees? I spotted 4 Patagonia pullovers today. Count 'em..FOUR. Come on, is that necessary? If I had on one more article of clothing I'm convinced I would have just turned into a puddle on the quad.

8. I have to go get coffee now.

Have a good week, bloggers!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

if some grilled chicken, hot dogs, brownies from a box and a fruit tray would put paula to shame, oh lordy, she might have a problem haha. i will send you the recipe for the dip though!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio