Sunday, June 6, 2010

dear warm months, i love you.

5 things I love about summer:
1. The smell of freshly cut grass.
2. The sight of little kiddos playing the yard, riding bikes, having lemonade stands, etc.
3. Hearing the song "Redneck Yacht Club" on the radio. Country is always better in the summertime.
4. The icecream man.
5. Lightning bugs.

Clearly I also love summer because I am not studying, the only material I am reading includes blogs, magazines, and choice books, and lastly the only events I pencil in my calendar are FUN!

Although I begin each day with, "My! It's humid today" or "Geeze, its hot out here" (Literally, I say one of these two phrases e-v-e-r-yday) I would not trade these warm months for anything. Before college I had no appreciation for warm weather, but after treking from my dorm Shelby in 30 degree weather my freshman year, I vowed I would rejoice in sweat from now on. And that is what I have done (well, for the most part).

Since we spoke last I have been..
1. Rejoicing in the fact that we have air conditioning again.
2. Watching A LOT of movies. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT.
3. To the SEC tournament to cheer on the Crimson Tiders.

4. Sketched out on a 5k race with Lynnlee.
5. Visited dreamcakes bakery in Homewood with the rooms.
6. Tried to tube the Cahaba, and FAILED twice.

7. Working at the church, and becoming a copy making PRO. That's right PRO.
8. Walking around Star Lake and the hood.
9. Re-reading the Ragamuffin Gospel.

10. Watching the Bachlorette.

Hope everyone is loving these warm months as much as I am!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio