Monday, June 21, 2010

bookworm.

I went to the library last week on a whim, to check out some Swtiz books and just see what grabbed my ("judging a book by its cover") attention. Well lucky for me I grabbed Emily Griffin's, Something Borrowed, and I loved it. I got the large print version, and it was 531 pages and I finished it in 2 days. TWO days, yall. That is so not me. I know those of you that have been doing this whole reading for pleasure thing forever find this appauling. But, the truth is when I thought about my favorite book my automatic response was Number the Stars. Okay, I'm sure that was a great 4th grade read, but it was time for me to step it up.



And now it is being made into a movie with Kate Husdon! Ummm....score.

I went to the library again today to browse and pick up another read. Well, I got 3.
1. To Kill a Mockingbird- I think I liked this one in highschool
2. Can You Keep A Secret?- Think I've also read this before, but started it today and liking it.
3. It Takes Time.- Looks questionable, but I'll keep an open mind.

Does anyone have some reading suggestions for the rest of the summer, I am determined to stand firm in not joining the Twilight or Harry Potter bandwagon but other than that I'm open to anything!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to be able to take To Kill a Mockingbird on the trip, I own a copy that I'd be willing to let you borrow!

My suggestions:
1. books by Anne George. She wrote a so so funny murder series about 2 older women who are sisters. I think you would love them! They're easy, fun reads.
2. Janet Evanovich's series about Stephanie Plum. The series starts with One for the Money. My mom introduced me and Julie to these. Also very funny, but has a few more... adult topics than the Anne George books. I read the first 14 books of the series last summer, at which point I caught up with her writing.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio