Friday, March 5, 2010

BACK by NOT so popular demand.

hi everyone! how has life been lately? hope it is lovely for all!
here's what my life as liz (corny tv show reference-don't hate) has looked like lately:

1. rach came to visit! i had so much fun with her here, we went to the alabama baseball game (pictured above), and chucks (yum.), rented couples retreat (ehh), and had some serious deep convo (as always).
2. i knocked one of my "twenty things to do in twenty ten" items off my list last weekend! i tried depalmas, an italian restaurant i have been wanting to try since i came to school. it was DELISH!
3. one cup of this stuff and i am the freakin enegizer bunny. but thats right, i am now a coffee drinker. as my dad says i have joined the "coffee club". i am still working on the perfect cup concoction, but i am definitely learning to love it! i drink black coffee- because i do not want to become addicted to the high calorie/ high carb latte, mochas, etc.

4. i listened to the radio ALL the way home today (from t-town to b'ham-and i NEVER listen to the radio).. and i found the cutest country song by joe nichols. my favorite verse is:
Gimmie the girl that's beautiful,
Without a trace of makeup on,
Barefoot in the kitchen,
Singing her favorite song.
Dancing around like a fool,
Starring in her own little show,
Gimmie the girl the rest of the world,
Isnt lucky enough to know.
one word: aww.
5. i am reading a book, The Devil in the White City, for my AMS class. i am not excited about the required material, but as books go it is interesting and pulls in things i am learning in all of my classes. writers from lit are mentioned, a even a forensic psychologist we briefly studied this semester was mentioned in the novel and i thought that was so cool. i love it when my classes tie together. NERD ALERT, NERD ALERT!
happy weekend everyone!
i am home for the weekend and SO looking forward to my homemade meal tonight..pork roast that has been cooking all day. mmm, i can smell it now.





1 comments:

Unknown said...

I read Devil in the White City for AP History! I actually liked it a lot. You probably don't remember, but when we went to Chicago on Choir Tour I was going nuts because I was seeing all of the buildings that were discussed in so much detail in that book. For example, the Museum of Science and Industry that we went to was built for the Chicago World's Fair.

I may have to read that again...

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio