Tuesday, December 29, 2009

blogs, blogging, bloggers.

blogs are weird to me. i make it a goal to update mine regularly (and hey, 4 posts in 4 days..) but why? why do i feel like posting my life on the internet suddenly adds significance, and why am i SO ADDICTED to reading everyone else's? thank you to all my (maybe 9) thoughtful readers! you have faithfully stuck with me through my dilemma of picking out the right heart rate monitor, have seen our christmas tree a million times, and can now picture me sipping out of my new mug while writing down everything i want to do in my life before i die. i REALLY do APPRECIATE all my readers, but lets face it some of my days are far less than interesting.

in my blog research (sounds better than blog stalking, right?) i have concluded that blogs provide an accepting listening ear. blogs seem to say "oh hey, that mediocre day you just had..tell me about it, and uhh add a picture if i will let you" or "hey, breakups are hell, tell me about it" or even "yeah i want YOUR opinion on this issue" just think of what all the blog world has seen. its crazy, everything from beautiful babies, crafts, photos, family vacations, and triumphs to fears, loneliness, despair and heartbreak. why are blogs an escape? why in this white box is it easy to write and organize all your thoughts? why is it hard sometimes to think of anything to say?

in summary, my thoughts on blogs: they are weird. how can the button "publish post" be such a satisfying comfort? blogs are also wonderful. ideas, emotions, and people are shared through these accounts of life. so thanks blogger, thanks for giving us all a place to vent, a place to share, a way to encourage, and a way to relate to others without even knowing them. and lastly, thanks for all those talented blogger's whose blogs inspire.

2 more additional comments about this blog post:
1. this post happened because i read multiple blogs in a row tonight that had similar stories. each blog "author" was an irregular blogger that seemingly only posted after something upsetting happened, and so i got to thinking about why they chose this as the way to vent. and the thoughts and questions continued.. (can you tell im a psychologist in the making?)

2. it is night time. (11:23 pm) i tend to get into deeper thought at night, and a teensy bit more emotional. so if my wording started sounding a little dramatic, i blame it on the p.m.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What makes blogs great is also what makes them so weird: a blog is a blank canvas. It's roughly similar to the way Patton Oswalt described open-mic nights at the local comedy club, "Anybody can go on stage, and do whatever they want. Seriously." And that's the way it is here: you can write about Alabama football, your crazy cat, post pictures of your family (or just random people you see on the street) or whatever you want. It's a really neat (and occasionally defamatory) way to vent your creativity (as well as your frustration). Clearly, I'm in favor of it. All of it. Keep up the good work.

Julie Blake said...

Hahahah I think to myself everyday why on earth I keep up with a blog. But I can't help it, I love it. Like you said, it is a way to escape and post all my thoughts and wonderings.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio